Knowledge Transition -Introduction
Knowledge management is the process of capturing distributing and effectively using/reusing knowledge
In this article we will take a look at about the Knowledge transition questionnaires for Microsoft 365.
This guide will be helpful when you are scheduling the Knowledge Transition from other company when the support contract moving away from them to your organization.
The below Knowledge Transtition questionnaires will help you to understand the environment of the customer once it answered.
Let us see the topics one by one
Processes and Operations Information
This below section will cover the questionnaires belongs to process and operation related.
Share the documents which mentioned below to know more about the process related queries
- Incident Management Process
- Problem Management Process
- Change Management Process
- Operations Manual
- Escalation Management and Contacts
- Work Instruction on Incident, Request, Release, Change and Problem Management
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Delivery / Support Model
- Specific Customer Requirement and Policies
- Project Overview / Documentation
- Customer Reporting Requirements
- What phase are we on with respect to Microsoft 365 migration.
- Which subscriptions do the client has.
- How many hybrid servers are present.
- How many domains are added and verified within Microsoft 365
- Where is the MX pointing (On-premise or Microsoft 365).
- Are there any public folders to be migrated.
- Are there any defined retention policies.
- Are there any specific ABP on-premise.
- Are there any compliance set on on-premise.
- What are the different kinds of connectors that exist on on-.premise
- Is there an SMTP relay setup.
- Is legal hold going to be setup.
- Is there any MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution incorporated?
- How new mailboxes will be created for users.
- How do migrated user access mobile devices?
- Do we have any idea regarding migration approach? (Migration type used to migrate mailboxes)
- What is the retention policy tagged for user mailbox? Details normal user wise /VIP user wise
- Disconnected and deleted mailboxes retention policy for normal and VIP users details
- Details about Global or any custom address list
- Connection Filtering Settings details and Message Filtering settings details
- We are in hybrid environment and want to create a new mailbox, how and where would i do that?
- How will the user know if their mailbox has been moved to the cloud?
- Deletion procedure of mailbox user
- Mailbox Size Quote Settings
- Attachment Size Setting
- What is the limit of Messages Per Day
- Is POP3 Used?
- Are there any Room Mailboxes and Equipment Mailboxes on Exchange Online?
- Number of shared mailboxes?
- What are the attached extension file is allowed? Attachment filter policy
- what is the user account for notifying/allowing the spam mails, provide username ?
- Blacklisted Ip or domain details or user details
- Whitelisted Ip or domain or user details
- Describe any AntiVirus/AntiSpam services used by your system
- Disclaimer stamping in email
- Anti-spam and antivirus settings – Intelligent Mail Filter spam confidence levels, IP Block List and IP Allow List settings, attachment blocking settings
- are there any exchange active sync policies setup
- What are proactive monitoring tools used for email and exchange related services?
- How the email routing configure between on-premises and cloud (Recepients on either side)
- How is Free/Busy and Calendar sharing setup cross-premises users?
- Does OOF, Mailtips, messaging tracking and mailbox search work cross-premises.
- Does cross forest permission like send-as, send on behalf or mailbox access work?
- Does OWA redirection cross-premises exchange Functions?
- Brief explanation on the mail flow
- what is the process for users leaving the organization
- Details of mailbox archival
- mail recovery process for missing/deleted emails
- SMTP Appliance use and configuration. Any email relay configured for Application.
- Is there any Service Accounts or Shared Mailboxes that is going to stay in On-Premises and reason for the same
- Are Exchange Online or outlook groups used for distribution lists?
- Are outside EMAIL addresses part of distribution list (If yes, they will need to be contacts)?
- How are distribution lists updated in current environment?
- Are there any Dynamic Distribution Lists?
- What is Email Purge Policy?
- Are there are any Transport Rules in Place?
- What is the threshold for Rules?
- Do we have Exchange Online Protection configured in Exchange Online
- List out inbound and outbound connectors between Exchange Online and Onpremises
- Components involved in external / internal mail flow in Exchange Online
- Monitoring Service health
- SPAM control solution in Exchange Online
- Are we using Journaling ?
- what are all the Journal rules created
- what are all the journal reports we are generating
- Do we have ADFS Server and ADFS Proxy?
- Active user counts?
- What are the licenses available for office 365 mailboxes?
- Global Messaging message flow design (Internal & External)
- Port and IP addresses configured on firewall for office365 traffic?
- Do you have Legacy connector?
- How User principal name configured?
- Do we have a SSO enabled ?
- How many ADFS Servers available ?
- List of ADFS Servers
- How many ADFS Proxy Servers available
- List of ADFS Proxy Servers
- How the GAL synchronized with Microsoft O365
- How many OU syncing to Microsoft O365
- Any specific OU for deleted objects or objects those are supposed to be deleted
- New user object supposed to be created in which OU
- Are we synchronizing the passwords with Microsoft O365
- Password expiration policy
- Password sync from AD
- Do we have any mail relay application servers
- Microsoft O365 Messaging Architecture
- Do we have a hybrid Environment ?
- What versions of Exchange Servers are in the current environment
- List out the gateway servers
- scope in supporting gateway servers
- Are we using Microsoft O365 Reporting web services
- What are all the 0365 reports we are generating / how frequent
- Are we using mobile devices to access the Exchange Online mailbox
- Share details about current Microsoft 365 licenses
We will be continue to add more questionnaires on this topic in Part 2
Refer link for Deployment planning checklist for Microsoft 365